Sunday, September 19, 2010

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep is so fun augh

This is vague enough that I'm not going to count it a spoiler. After the jump there are a couple though, so watch out if you're sensitive to that kind of thing.
AQUA IS SUCH A SAD CHARACTER OH MY GOD. I mean, I guess I should've figured from her theme song, but Jesus. Her story is basically about her figuring out that the person she most wants to believe in isn't strong enough to be trusted, and the person she most wants to protect is beyond her help. Fuck, Nomura. Make me bawl my eyes out why don't you.

See, I like it when people have random migraines that cause them to grab their heads, especially if they collapse afterwards. See, Kingdom Hearts is good at delivering just that. I like that a lot. Also Terranort's a dick but I liked him in the secret ending.
FUNFACT: I used so many fucking effects on this layer to try and disguise the fact that I made the background like supersaturated technicolor while still retaining Terra's ridiculously muted outfit. Fun with Photoshop SAI!

Ventus is the most adorable character ever, and Vanitas is the most terrifying. Or course they're the same thing. Also, as old as the "THE NEW CHARACTER IS ACTUALLY SORA" plot twist is getting, Vanitas did actually pull it off. With Xion it was very subtle how they led up to it, so that one worked because it came completely out the left field, but with Vanitas they'd actually been leading up to it the whole time through his VA and theme song and stuff. I think what made it work was that, when they finally unmasked him, you were immediately made full aware that this character was not the Sora you know and love, and that he was actually more or less a perversion of everything you'd held sacred up until that point. SORA'S FACE SHOULDN'T DO THAT AUGHHHHH

I was reading the Wild Mass Guessing article on TV Tropes for Kingdom Hearts, and like the last entry on there or something like that was the idea that, when he was a human and she was little, Lea had babysat Kairi, and that that was why he was so nice to Xion and Naminé and why he initially went for a rather nice-guy approach (for him, anyway) when he went to kidnap Kairi in KH2. I dunno, I thought it was sweet. (also marvel in my ability to make a sentence go on way longer than it needs to)

I only vaguely recall drawing this. AND YEAH SO I DO KNOW WHAT NOMURA AND SAKAGUCHI LOOK LIKE OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD Y'ALL'S JEALOUS. Had to look up Hashimoto, though. He had funny hair for a while there.

Not Kingdom Hearts related? What is this blasphemy?
Another thing I only vaguely recall drawing. I was sleepy, so I drew someone sleeping rather than actually doing so myself. I'm counterproductive.

Undoubtedly, there will be more Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep fanart to come. Until then, enjoy this crazy ass violin.

No comments:

Post a Comment